Skip to main content

Heavy Down Pour Storm Ilorin, Destroyed several Houses

Heavy Down Pour Storm Ilorin, Destroyed several Houses - community cries out, call for government assistance. Yesterday, it was a rainy experience for people within Ilorin metropolis as rain stormed the city and selectively destroyed several properties. The rainy experience was not favorable. The SATCOMMEDIA learnt that the rainstorm that occurred on Saturday night also displaced many people at Oke Ogun community, in Edun, Idiagbon community, in Emirs road, Isale-Gambari among other affected areas. Though no lives were lost in the incident. An eyewitness from the community affirmed the incident and call on government for assistance, as many people left were devastated with little or without hope of assistance from any quarters. He however, further stressed that, any assistance for non-governmental organizations would go along way in restoring the lost hope and further placed them back to normal life.

Kwara Government Set to prosecutes Violator of Lockdown



Kwara State Government on Sunday repeated that vehicular movements are restricted only to trucks ferrying foods and drugs, saying private and other commercial vehicles are barred and risk being arrested and prosecuted if found on the road.

The deputy governor and chairman of Kwara state technical committee made this disclosure while speaking with new men in Ilorin
According to his statement , the government is displeased with people violating the no-movement directive which he said had been pronounced to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and save lives.
Alabi said the markets in the state remain open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8a.m. and 12noon but residents are to walk down to markets in their neighbourhood without using vehicles.
“For the avoidance of doubt, all our markets remain open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between the hours of 8a.m. and 12noon for people to restock food and other essentials,” he said, flanked by security service commanders in the state and other top government officials.
“But there shall be no vehicular movements of any kind except for those on essential duties and trucks conveying foods and drugs and associated services earlier exempted. For emphasis, Okada, Keke Napep, taxi, private vehicles and other vehicular movements are disallowed.
“People are to patronise only markets nearer to their places of residence. Movements to the markets shall be by foot.
“Anyone caught violating these regulations will be prosecuted in the mobile courts and sanctioned accordingly. People are to note that convictions at this mobile courts carries the same consequences as other judicial convictions.”
Alabi recalled that the state had recorded five new COVID-19 cases, bringing the tally to nine confirmed cases.
He added: “Two days ago, our state recorded five new cases of COVID-19. That means Kwara now has a total of nine confirmed cases. Of these, two have recovered and have since been discharged. All the five new cases were contacts from our previous cases. They had been in self isolation from where their samples were taken. As we speak, our hardworking rapid response team have since started aggressive contact tracing of persons who have had contacts with them. This is to prevent community transmission of the disease and put us in firm control of the situation.
“The truth is that we are in a dire situation. Drastic measures, as we have taken, are required to urgently contain the spread of this virus before it kills everyone or brings down human civilisation as it is threatening to do. Our best shot is to stay at home, maintain physical distancing, constantly wash our hands, and practice good coughing or sneezing etiquette, among other safety protocols.”
The briefing was attended by all the service commanders in the state.
Commissioner of Police Kayode Egbetokun, who spoke on behalf of the commanders, said the security agencies have so far focused on enforcement of the directive of the government on movement, adding: “Going forward, anyone who is caught violating the no-movement directive will be arrested and prosecuted in the mobile courts.”
Egbetokun observed that the directives were in the interest of the people and said security agencies would ensure that those directives are implemented to the letter to save lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will stragulate Gov. AbdulRazaq in public and won't mind going to prison- Esinrogunjo blows hot

I will stragulate Gov. AbdulRazaq in public and won't mind going to prison- Esinrogunjo blows hot ~Calls Governor Abdulrahman a betrayal of trust. ~Vow to kill the Governor if he losses his  mother. ~Exalts Saraki on his leadership prowess. The Apc Kwara central senatorial aspirant of the last general election, Comr. Musbau Esirogunjo had condemned the present Apc administration in the state calling Governor Abdulrahman a betrayal of public trust. Esirogunjo, who made this known in leaked audio clip obtained by this medium (Satcom media), which has since gone viral maintains that the Governor of the state is a betrayal of public trust ditto laments on how the AbdulRamah AbdulRazaq led administration of the state syphons monies met for public consumption through their political beguile. The leader of altruism team, stress on how hard he struggle to gets the Seven million naira (7million Naira) nomination form fee, which his victory at the party primary election was overturned, and h

Breaking: Buhari appoints Prof. Gambari as Chief of Staff.

Prof. Ibrahim Agboola Gambari, CFR is the NEW Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR! He is a Nigerian scholar and diplomat. He was Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985. Details later

Kwara announces end of Lockdown

Kwara Government announces end of total lockdown. • Insists we’re not out of danger yet • Military to man borders as police lead internal ops • State records three new COVID-19 cases • Govt okays special allowances for health workers attending to COVID • Don’t go out without face masks, govt tells residents • Civil servants to work from home • Ban on Okada stays as cabs, others to operate on half capacity In a press statement made available to Satcommedia through Rafiu Ajakaye Chief Press Secretary to the Governor/ Spokesman, Kwara State Technical Committee on COVID-19 The released read "Kwara State Government has announced partial relaxation of the lockdown in the state to align with the national policy of gradual reopening of the economy, but warned that the measures do not mean the country is out of the danger. The measures come as the state began distribution of thousands of face masks — all produced within the state —in a bid to curtail transmission of the